The history of Video Poker Game is only 30 years old as it hit the gaming industry in the 1980s and soon wins hearts with its exciting value. People, who love to gamble, will have a thing for poker games and when it is video poker, the attractiveness is more among them due to colorful and awesome graphics and the realistic presentation.
Why are video poker games so popular than the traditional table games like blackjack or baccarat? Too many players playing live roulette and poker with dealers, sitting in front of them and looking straight into the eyes is somewhat disturbing.
It can make them nervous, and they can’t concentrate on the games. Rather, the video poker games give you some alone time to play strategically with live dealers, but only through a screen where you will never be disturbed by any awkward situation.
Online Video Poker Games
To make people comfortable from the awkwardness while playing at the poker table, video poker games are there to win players’, heart. Today, you will get a step-by-step development in the world of video poker games:
Multi-Hand Video Poker
It is the steroid version of normal poker games. The name suggests the essence of the game as here you get the opportunity to play more than one hands at a time.
You will be surprised to know that the game will appear in 4, 10, 50 and even 100 hand versions. As multi-hand online video poker has gained so much popularity, that every online casino keeps one of this game.
The other common variants of this game are 10s or Better, Jack or Better, Deuces Wild and much more.
Progressive Video Poker
It is also an old wine in new bottle! It means that it also has the origin the traditional gaming style.
Though the rules of progressive video poker and non-progressive video poker are same, the only difference is the payment style of the royal flush.
As progressive jackpots are often linked with multiple casinos, the pot can be bigger than usual. If you want to hit the jackpot, the best thing is to play with maximum coins every time.
From the software developer, Microgaming, power poker is a unique version of multi-hand video poker. At present, this is one of the most famous video poker games you can enjoy. You will be surprised to know that presently there are 11 types of power poker games are available in different casinos with 4, 10 and 50 hand versions.
While you play power poker, you will get the experience of playing single hand game. Here, you begin with five cards in each hand and then select the one that you want to hold. Discard the remaining cards, and those will be replaced with the new ones. There is a predefined payout structure for the winning hands.
Online Poker Rooms
Though online video poker is different than a traditional poker game, still there are certain similarities. In the case of video poker, you play with a machine; therefore, your winning and losing are already determined by a static payout structure.
But, online poker is not like that. There you play with real dealers, and you don’t need to follow any predetermined schedule of the game. Here, you get the opportunity to play and as you like and as much as the wager is willing to provide on each hand.
One of the major advantages of online poker is that you can bluff here. Surprised! Yes, you can be a bluffer here and still win the game while you have worst cards in your hand. You just need the strategies to make your opponent’s fold. Therefore, online poker is gaining huge popularity every day.
These are the so far evolution of video poker. But, this is such a game which continues to evolve and never gives any chance to get bored. Sitting down on a virtual table and playing with players from different corners of the world while chatting with them too is fun and exciting.
How Can You Play Video Poker Games?
Video poker is such a game that comes with lots of variants. There are certain games that can be played with standard 52 card decks while some are played with extra wild cards.
No matter whatever game you play, you should be aware of the basic traditional game rules:
- First, you need to choose the coin value you need to play. Then pick up the coins you want to bet.
- Next, click on the option ‘Deal’ on your screen. You will get five cards appearing on your screen.
- If you didn’t find any suitable cards, you could discard them all, and you will get a new set of cards.
- Once you choose the card you want to hold, press the ‘Deal’ button again. The not-chosen cards will again be replaced with new cards.
- When you draw the card second time, the result will determine whether you win or lose.
- The payout table is different in each video poker table that is determined by the machine for how much coins it pays for each five hand cards.
Simple Tips for Playing Video Poker
If you are playing online poker games for the first time, you will need certain tips to score well:
- It is important to know the basics of poker games before you start playing video poker at any online casinos or any real casinos nearby.
- Each variation of poker game requires strategies. You need to identify the game and plan your strategies according to the game you choose.
- If you want to play correctly, think mathematically and play likewise.
- Don’t keep those cards which won’t apply to build a hand for winning.
- Instead of keeping a high card, hold on to any pair.
- Instead of drawing into a straight or a flush, you can keep any pair.
- You should practice more playing video poker on play money mode.
So, far you have got a good deal about video poker. Log in to any online casino and enjoy playing.